From: £åd¥ß®êtå (Original Message) Sent: 6/1/2004 2:15 PM
Kan Shao Green Beans with Pork [String Beans with Ground Pork]
1 pound green beans
4 oz. ground pork (or beef)
1 tbsp. cooking wine
1 tsp. cornstarch
3 tbsp. fermented black beans, coarsely chopped
1 tbsp. minced peeled ginger root
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp. crushed red pepper, to taste
1 tsp. sugar
vegetable oil for frying and stir fry
1. Clean and remove ends of string beans.
2. Mix the meat with cooking wine and corn starch.
3. Mix the black beans, ginger root, garlic and red pepper in a small dish.
4. Mix the sugar in ½ cup of water.
5. Pour enough oil in the Fry Daddy. Heat the oil for five minutes.
6. Fry the beans for 4 minutes; drain.
7. Heat 2 tbsp. of oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add the black bean mixture and stir a few times until aromatic. Stir up the meat mixture and pour it into the pan. Turn the heat to high and stir-fry until the mean turns color and separates, about 2 minutes.
8. Add the green beans and the sugar water mixture. Stir a few times and then reduce the heat to medium. Cook, cover, for 5 minutes. Remove the lid and stir constantly over high heat until the liquid is almost gone. Serve hot.